Tuesday 24 December 2013

Arbiter's BLUNDER.......led to CP's Mood Change & Downfall!

UPDATE 3 @28/12(4pm):
Only now the Filipino CA made a Public Announcement wrt to my contention and complaint(and perhaps many others as well). His clarification, as follows:-
(1) 1st Time: Verbal Warning
(2) 2nd Time: 10seconds added on to the opposing player.
(3) 3rd Time: Game Forfeited
 ...with 2 games left, the announcement of a so-called experienced CA leaves much to be desired especially when 5games have been played. I hope FIDE will look into this matter.
UPDATE 2 @27/12:
Met KK again. He clarified that my complaint was correct - However, I(KK) can't help it if the organisers have decided to be generous.

UPDATE 1 @26/12: 
Double checked w IA KK Chan - I called it right.
He said he'll check again with the CA.
 >>>>>>>
The General Rule in Blitz event....at least when I'd attended the Arbiter's Seminar during NAG 2013 (Read HERE) and in Blitz competitions that we'd participated in is:-
 "IF a player's piece falls, he/she is to place the piece back properly before pressing the timer. 
The reason for this rule is very, very simple - A Player uses his own time and not the opponent's time. If, the piece is only placed back properly on the board after the timer is presses - the opposing player can claim a WIN." At least that's what I thought. 

Unfortunately, this did not happened during an event calling itself "WORLD" Youth C.C.2013. In the first round - CP's Ecuadorian opponent piece fell and he'd only replaced it after pressing the timer. CP called the arbiter after that to complain and claim the win - Unfortunately, to his bewilderment, lo and behold the arbiter asked him to play on.

After the 1st Round - I'd complained to the UAE Arbiter (Refer HERE) and he said that its OK, NOT a Rule. Not happy with his decision and explanation I'd double-checked with the Slovenian Arbiter who said that it's "FAIR PLAY". I checked with an experienced Malaysian chess player i.e. Ismail Ahmad and he said the arbiter's got the decision wrong.

QUESTION??? - So Who Got It Wrong? I or, did the so-called Arbiters' Blundered ???

After what I believed to be a decision blunder by the arbiter's - CP was not in the mood to play and lost his games after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment