Sunday 1 December 2013

CP's Words of Wisdom!!! Part 2.


CP's words of wisdom, Part 1  - HERE (during NAG 2013).

The day started with a glimmer of hope, CP was awake around 6AM and wanted to take his shower.

Then during the first round, he was actually 1 knight up against a NR 1500++ player before 2 blunders in 4 moves cost him the game after playing for more than 1 hour. On my side, I was just relieved that he's not the first one to lose or finish his game.

Had hoped for a better performance against the xx ranked player during the 2nd round in the afternoon but it was all over after 35minutes.

After 2 rounds and 2 losses in the 6th NJCC, I asked The CP - "When are you going to start winning?"

His reply left me speechless for a while. Whilst playing a game on the iPad he said nonchalantly -
 " Faiz tak nak buang masa dengan National-Rated players. I'll play better and start winning with FIDE (rated) players!"

Huh??? Young Man, (he was already giving me his trademark smirk) - even if you win the next 2 or 3 games in a row I don't think you'll play against any FIDE-rated players.

No comments:

Post a Comment