Friday, 2 June 2017
Wednesday, 31 May 2017
Malaysian Chess Federation
PERSEKUTUAN CATUR MALAYSIA
34-2, Persiaran 65C, Pekeliling Business Centre, Off Jalan Pahang Barat, 53000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telefax: +603 4031 7943 Website: http://malaysiachess.com
NATIONAL CHESS ACADEMY
The Malaysian Chess Federation (MCF) is pleased to announce the setting up of its’ National Chess Academy - the Institute for Chess Excellence, which is an initiative of MCF President Datuk Zahidi bin Zainul Abidin and the Development Committee he heads. The Academy is located in Puchong, Selangor and will be operational effective Thursday, 1st June 2017.
Several strategic development programmes have been identified by the Institute for Chess Excellence or ICE. Firstly, in July 2017 a National Junior Training Programme for Young Talents (U-9 and U-11), Future Stars (U-13) and Today's Champions (U-19 and Women) will be started.
Secondly, an International Masters series will be held quarterly together with monthly FIDE-rated tournaments and weekly Category Grading competitions to give chess players at all levels an opportunity to gain coveted international titles and national ratings.
Thirdly, from October 2017 - the Institute for Chess Excellence also plans to conduct chess education courses for officials, arbiters, and teachers for the award of National Chess Organiser and National Chess Teacher titles, which with approval from the Ministry of Higher Education, lead to the award of Certificates, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas in Chess.
The Institute for Chess Excellence which is also part of the Asian Chess Federation Academy network, is headed by Mr. Peter Long, an International Arbiter and FIDE Master with over 35 years of international experience and excellence in all facets of the game.
Saturday, 27 May 2017
( Bronze - U12 Foil 2016, 9yrs )
( Faiz & Coach Ghadz )
( Champion - U10 Foil 2017, 10yrs )
( Champion - U8/9 Foil 2015, 8yrs )
Y Sparks IFC 2016, SINGAPORE: U10 - 1/16
MFF 2016, Putrajaya: U12 - 1/16
Sri Cempaka, KL: U12 - QF
Touche Grand Finals, PJ: U9 - Runners-Up
1st SKTTDI Invitational 2016 - QF
Sunday, 14 May 2017
( Faiz receiving Gold medal from former Thiers Municipality Sports Director Bruno Gaby )
( U10 Foil medalists with CP )
Report on 2nd Title - U10 Open, FOIL in 2017 HERE
Report on 1st Title - U9/8 Mixed, FOIL in 2015 HERE
( Coach Ghadzali Ahmad and Amir Faiz )
Wednesday, 3 May 2017
MALAYSIAN CHESS FEDERATION
" Alleged Incident in Putrajaya "
1. First and foremost, we would like to appeal to all parties involved to NOT mention the name of the Player involved despite attempts by certain parties to do so due to the fact that she is a minor.
2. On 28 April 2017, We were made aware of a fb post by a person who claimed that he was the Coach of the player involved.
3. The alleged incident happened in the Hall, of a government school in Putrajaya.
Since the event was conducted in a school, the pertinent School/Ministry dress code is applicable.
4. Preliminary queries were made and an Investigation Committee (IC) were formed on 30 April 2017.
5. The IC have now decided to cease investigations after ascertaining a Police Report have been filed by the Tournament Director(TD).
Before ceasing investigations, the IC have ascertained the following:-
A. Player was NEVER Disqualified or Forced to Withdraw as alleged by certain parties and/or News Reports.
B. Fb post was made by a person who was NOT in the Tournament Hall when the alleged incident happened.
6. MCF were not privy to Public Statements and/or Press Conferences made by:-
A. Tournament Director(TD); and,
B. Chief Arbiter (CA).
7. We trust the Police will expedite their investigations into this matter and hope the matter can be resolved amicably and expeditiously for All parties concerned. MCF will extend its fullest co-operation.
Tengku Ahmad Badli Shah Raja Hussin
MALAYSIAN CHESS FEDERATION (MCF).
3 May 2017 (10.00 PM)
Saturday, 22 April 2017
Sunday, 16 April 2017
U11 Results HERE
A much better result compared to last year's still "unresolved" National Scholastics held at the same venue and last month's renamed NAG i.e. National Youth Chess Championship or, NYCC U2200.
After being involved in the 1st NS and NYJCC, Best for me to not be involved in the event's Secretariat in the future unless CP is not playing.