Monday 23 December 2013

FIDE IO (International Organiser) Seminar, Attended

UPDATE 2:
Passed my FIDE IO Examination.
Official Results as follows:- FIDE Website

UPDATE 1: 
IO Examination taken  .

 
>>>>>>>
Having failed to persuade the Islamic Estate Planner to accompany The cHEss pIRATE to WYCC2013, I was thinking to myself - "...what am I going to do over the duration of my almost 2-weeks "sojourn" in Al-Ain, UAE. Decided to checkout the WYCC2013 website and discovered that a few seminars will be conducted in conjunction with the WYCC2013 namely:- Arbiter Seminar, Trainers' Seminar and the International Organiser or IO Seminar. Having attended an Arbiter's Seminar before during this year's NAG2013 in UTP, Tronoh (Read HERE) I decided to register for the rather "light and easy" IO Seminar (Read HERE) coz I know I'm no trainer to attend the Trainers' Seminar to be conducted by a GM...who knows one day, Perhaps!

The FIDE IO Seminar is conducted by IO Theodoros Tsorbatzoglou who is the IO Secretary for the  FIDE Events Commission. Seminar is conducted over 3 days and attended mainly by Middle Eastern/MENA (UAE, Bahrain, Jordan & Egypt) and African(South Africa, Zimbabwe & Kenya) participants plus the odd Russian and nothing better to do Malaysian. All in around 30 participants attended the IO Seminar.

At the end of the IO Seminar, an examination will be conducted.

There were some interesting facts I'd "discovered" during the Seminar. (to be continued) such as:-
1)Registration Dead-lines for FIDE events
2)

No comments:

Post a Comment