Saturday 15 March 2014

Organising a NR-Competition???

Yesterday, I had guests from the Biotechnology industry for Capital TV's "To the POINT" episode 5 - Season 4 programme. The discourse topic was - " Biotechnology Entrepreneurship - Challenges & Way Forward ". Both panelists were rather lively...which I enjoyed very much when doing the TTP.

Anyway, after the shoot we had a post-production TTS at Kayu restaurant below. Somehow or rather, the conversation turned to chess and I'd suggested organising a National Rated(NR) chess competition as a means of promoting a product or a brand. The gentlemen was quite receptive to my suggestion and said that he'll discuss with his partners and will revert back to me if they are agreeable.

Hopefully, something positive will come out of this TTS as am quite eager to put into action what I'd picked up in class during the IO Course held by IO Theo in Al Ain - UAE during the World Youth C.C. last December. Which reminds me that I need to get 3 norms to be an IO. The norms can only be obtained by being involved in certain capacities in a FIDE-rated international event held by 3 different national federations. If I don't screw up things, perhaps the upcoming KL Open next month can avail me of my first norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment