Friday 8 February 2013

NAG 2013, Summary


(cHEss pIRATE Playing on Board 1. Picture: Courtesy of Seni Percaturan blog)


A heavy early morning downpour enabled me to partially complete one of the 2 articles I'd intended to do during the self-imposed chess break.

Early INTENTION / PLANNING, HERE
TARGETS/KPI, HERE
NAG 2013 STORY, HERE & HERE2
Overall & Daily INCENTIVES, HERE
ARBITER Seminar, HERE


This is the second NAG competition that my Family and I are attending/participating in after last year's NAG in KL.

NAG 2013 event Quotes:-

(1)
" ...Faiz Penat! Kalau Faiz think lagi, Faiz punye brain Akan jadi kecik!"
Note: Having done an analysis of CP's 3rd Round game against Ryan, I'd discovered that he had offered Ryan a draw whilst 2 Knights and a Pawn up and he knows that he's winning. When queried why he'd drawn when he could have won - the above quote was his reply!

(2)
" You Can Take Away My Kingdom  
BUT, You Can Never Take My King "


Overall, despite the distance the venue itself for a first-timer like me is rather impressive and much better than NAG 2012 venue held at Wisma OCM - KL.

>>>>>>>
More to Follow(NOT sure when):-

EVENT ORGANISATION
MC...emm...could be better with her pronunciation.
Pairings - Nik responded well to my suggestion that Pairings for the U-8 Category should not be on top.
Montage during the closing ceremony was good and the first I'd witnessed in a chess event

STORY
Blown Tyre before Sg. Bernam. KM393

NATIONAL ARBITER SEMINAR
Trainer's Notes - Peter Long, HERE
Participant's Notes:
- Nasrul, HERE
- Cikgu Shamsuddin, HERE

Results & Prizes

Performance of Polgar Players:
HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment