Tuesday 30 October 2012

4th Penang Heritage City International Chess Open-Challenger - Under Consideration!


UPDATE 1@31/10:
Received 4 email replies from the Organiser(Mr.Tan) & Venue Hotel.

Till this point Mr.Tan is very efficient and responds quickly to my email queries UNLIKE some other organisers who'll list their email address in the blog(s) and/or application form(s) but NEVER replies to email queries.

The Venue hotel & Mr.Tan had also responded to my rates query I.e RM145nett per night c/w a Big Bed & 2 Breakfast.


>>>>>>>
Louisa from PCA-SH suggested that I send the 2 kids to participate in the above-mentioned event. hAnA needs to "graduate" to the classical game rather than just playing rapids whilst it'll be "good exposure" for the cHEss pIRATE.

Upon checking the Event's website, HERE I realised that the fees alone per person is RM200(being a non-PCA player)...more than whatever fees that I'd paid before. If I recall correctly, the highest fees I'd ever paid for a chess event is RM40 or, RM50 for the National Age Group (NAG 2012) organised by the MCF in March 2012 near the Olympic Hotel, KL. At an average entrance fees of RM25 per chess event/competition, RM200 is enough for 8 competitions.

Estimated Expenses for Event:-
(1) RM 400 Entrance Fees @RM200 x 2pax I.e. AF2 & AF3
(2) RM 1,320 Accommodation @RM220 x 6Days (Tune Hotel)
(3) RM 140 Toll @70 x 2Ways (KL - Butterworth - Penang Bridge - KL)
(4) RM 250 Petrol @ 125Per Full Tank x 2 Fillings
(5) RM 500 Food & Incidentals
--------
RM 2,610 WOW.....
========

Let me first check with the organisers as to wether participants for the Challenger event will be FIDE-rated or, not. Otherwise, they'll be no point entering I suppose!?

No comments:

Post a Comment