Tuesday 30 June 2015

A ? from the Sports Commissioner of Malaysia.

( Malaysian Sports Commissioner Y.B.Datuk Zaiton Othman in the middle )

Met-up with the Sports Commissioner(COS) recently when submitting some  documents on behalf of a sports NGO. COS used to be a Top Athlete herself whose 1981 heptathlon record set in Manila is yet to be broken and also a former Sportswomen of the Year in 1982 ( refer Zaiton Othman ).

Certain matters were discussed with, one of which is beyond my scope when COS asked as to whether chess will be in the next SEA Games or not?...to which I replied I've no idea as I'm not privy to the discussions but hopefully.

From what I gather, chess was dropped from Singapore SEA Games recently as the hosts were not confident of securing any of the gold medals at stake. It'll be interesting as to how hosts Malaysia chooses which sports to include (or NOT for SEA Games 2017.




No comments:

Post a Comment