Wednesday 6 November 2013

PIALA TUN RAZAK 2013 - Amira Fathina, TOP DEBATER!

I did not stay for the prize-giving ceremony for the Piala Tun Razak ( Refer Earlier Post HERE ) as Amira's team had lost in the Semis. Moreover, she told me that I can go back early as she was not feeling well coupled with the fact that I'd travelled with my Indonesian friend from Jakarta's DPR.

Little did I realise that eldest had won a Prize for being one of the Top Debaters despite her team losing in the Semi-Finals. Only when the family visited her on Maal Hijrah did she tell us that she'd won a prize for being one of the Top Debaters in the competition......Well that's Amira, ALWAYS Unassuming in her own way even when she had to become a "Ghostbuster" earlier in the year - she has her own way of thinking, I suppose.! I guess that's why she'd turned down being a Prefect at her College...much to the chagrin, dismay and amazement of her Seniors, Batchmates and Juniors who were rooting for her.

WRT the Top Debater Award, it seemed that there were prizes for the Top 3 debaters and the margin between her and No.1 was just .25 (1/4) of a point. 1st got RM50 cash prize and trophy.

Well Done Amira - Hopefully, enough "fuel" to spur you for the upcoming SCARS Debate in 2 weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment