Tuesday 24 September 2013

Coach Faiz & the Kampung Player!


Was on the throne when I heard a knock on the Door...

...Knock! Knock!...."Ayah, Jom Main Chess!".



Been a while since I last played against him...factor in Colombo's 9th Asian Schools C.C. 2013 and my various roles in the Nusantara Leadership Camp (NLC 2013) held at Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta + Capital TV's Research/Scripting & Hosting and D&D Digital Magazine Editing.... it's been more than 3 weeks.


Despite playing white I lost to CP due to a fork move.

Sensing easy meat, hAnA also wanted to play against me.

I was distracted when Faiz started making jokes and didn't see my Rook was in danger. Somehow or rather, I "lost control" of the game when Faiz started to move the pieces and played against hAnA.

Subsequently, position deteriorated very fast & I'd to surrender.
When I asked him - "Faiz, cakap nak jadi coach tapi Ayah still lost! Camana ni?"

His response...whilst Grinning, Shaking His Head & having a Somewhat Condescending Look and having his face in front of my face   - "...IF Kampung Player is a rook and a few pawns  down & bad position...how can Coach Faiz help? "

Everybody was stunned with his reply...and subsequently had a good laugh!
...then he further added - "...Ayah, its not good to laugh...it affects your concentration." Walawey Punye Budak!!!


I thought to myself..emmm....as per Danny Glover in the 80s movie Lethal Weapon - "am getting too old for this Sxxx!". Aaaaarghhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment