Monday 9 July 2012

Discussing Matters Related to Chess in School

Today, after school hours I went to see hAnA's Class Teacher(Cikgu Nur Halim) & the School's Principal(Pn.Hajjah Nik Nab) as well.

I was concerned that hAnA's continued absence from class and school due to Chess(around 2-3weeks) and Choral Speaking(1-2 weeks) is starting to take it's toll on her academic performance. Never before had I seen in hAnA's class standing a position any lower than 3rd but, I saw it this year when I collected her report card last week.

Hence, I requested that an official letter be inserted into hAnA's records stating that from January-June of this year she had missed classes due to her representing the school in Choral Speaking.......and of course, hAnA representing the SKTTDI School (@ SK Seri Hartamas), Bangsar Zone (@ SK Desa Tun Hussein Onn) and Federal Territory (@ Kuala Terengganu for MSSM Chess) Team for Chess.

The school Management were very supportive of my request and promised to do so within a week. Puan Hajjah Nik Nab was very supportive and gave hAnA some words of encouragement to work harder at her chess game so that hopefully she can even represent Malaysia in the future.

My sincere thanks to the Principal of SKTTDI(1) - Pn.Hajjah Nik Nab, her Senior assistant - Puan Kamariah and Cikgu Nur Halim for the support given. Not forgetting, Ustaz Rosdi and Puan Norliana for handling the SK.TTDI(1) Chess Team.SYUKRAN, SYUKRAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment