Tuesday 12 June 2012

...with TIME to KILL.......Registered the cHEss PiRATE & HaNa for MBPJ Open

In between my Hartamas rendezvous and 2 evening appointments in PJ, I had TIME to KILL!
Whilst going through the various permutations of "filler activities"...I'd remembered that there would be a Chess Tournament in PJ sometime during the weekend of the following week.

Thus, I commandeered my Red Junior Ferrari and headed towards the Old Town Library located opposite the Assunta Primary School and was pleased to observed the "regeneration" of the PJ Old Town area where my late father used to take the family out for meals or, shop in preparation for the new school term some 30 odd years ago.

The Library itself surprised me....air-conditioned, modern-looking and well-stocked books complete with courteous attending staff at the counter. Went to the counter and informed them I wanted to register for a Chess tournament sometime next week. Lo and behold, the lady at the counter thought that I'd wanted to register myself.

...with formalities sorted out, I'd registered the cHEss pIRATE and hAnA in the Primary School category for the MBPJ Open Chess Tournament scheduled for Saturday, 23rd June 2012 from 8AM - 6PM. The organisers are charging an entrance fee of RM20 per participang for their category (which is comparable to the fees for the recent 4th KL Scholastic Chess held in May). The 2012 MBPJ Open will be a National Rated event and both kids will be playing at the venue for the very frost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment